Two day workshop at Beaux Arbres: Sundays, August 30 and September 27, 10 am to 3-ish. Please bring your own lunch. Beverages and baked treats will be provided. Please message us via the Contact Beaux Arbres form.
Cost: $130 for two days
First Day (August 30): building the hypertufa troughs. We provide the materials to build two troughs. Limit of 6 participants.
Second Day, (September 27): after your troughs have weathered for a month (to remove alkali), the fun part begins — creating you own alpine, arctic, or fen landscape in miniature. Rocks, stone mulch, clay will be on hand. The workshop fee includes four trough plants from the list below. If you want to add or upgrade, we have other choice small plants available. There is an opportunity for some who did not attend the first workshop to participate and purchase troughs we have in stock. Limit: 10 participants. (One day cost: $65 )
Trough Plant Selection
- Dwarf Mountain Pussytoes (Antennaria dioica)
- Dwarf Wild Columbine (Aquilegia canadensis ‘Little Lanterns’)
- Early Saxifrage (Micranthes virginiensis)
- Dwarf Fleabane (Erigeron sp.)
- Dwarf Montain Fleabane (Erigeron compositus)
- Common Bluets (Houstonia caerulea)
- Rock Whitlow-grass (Draba arabisans)
- Dwarf Canadian Primrose (Primula mistassinica)